Open-source live chat software, an alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, Drift, Crisp etc. 🔥💬 Wednesday, Aug 14, 2019
GitHUB SOURCE : https://github.com/chatwoot/chatwoot/
Chatwoot is an open-source omnichannel customer support software. The development of Chatwoot started in 2016. It failed to succeed as a business and eventually shut up shop in 2017. During 2019 #Hacktoberfest, the maintainers decided to make it open-source, instead of letting the code rust in a private repo. With a pleasant surprise, Chatwoot became a trending project on Hacker News and best of all, got lots of love from the community. Now, a failed project is back on track and the prospects are looking great. The team is back to working on the project and this time, we are building it in the open. Thanks to the ideas and contributions from the community.
Chatwoot gives an integrated view of conversations happening in different communication channels.
It supports the following conversation channels:
- Website: Talk to your customers using our live chat widget and make use of our SDK to identify a user and provide contextual support.
- Facebook: Connect your Facebook pages and start replying to the direct messages to your page.
- Twitter: Connect your Twitter profiles and reply to direct messages or the tweets where you are mentioned.
- Whatsapp: Connect your Whatsapp business account and manage the conversation in Chatwoot
- SMS: Connect your Twilio SMS account and reply to the SMS queries in Chatwoot
- API Channel: Build custom communication channels using our API channel.
- Email (beta): Forward all your email queries to Chatwoot and view it in our integrated dashboard.
Other features include:
- Multi-brand inboxes: Manage multiple brands or pages using a single dashboard.
- Private notes: Inter team communication is possible using private notes in a conversation.
- Canned responses (Saved replies): Improve the response rate by adding saved replies for frequently asked questions.
- Conversation Labels: Use conversation labelling to create custom workflows.
- Auto assignment: Chatwoot intelligently assigns a ticket to the agents who have access to the inbox depending on their availability and load.
- Conversation continuity: If the user has provided an email address through the chat widget, Chatwoot would send an email to the customer under the agent name so that the user can continue the conversation over the email.
- Multi-lingual support: Chatwoot supports 10+ languages.
- Powerful API & Webhooks: Extend the capability of the software using Chatwoot’s webhooks and APIs.
- Integrations: Chatwoot natively integrates with Slack right now. Manage your conversations in Slack without logging into the dashboard.
Detailed documentation is available at www.chatwoot.com/help-center.
We use the git-flow branching model. The base branch is
If you are looking for a stable version, please use the
master or tags labelled as
Heroku one-click deploy
Deploying Chatwoot to Heroku is a breeze. It’s as simple as clicking this button:
Follow this link to understand setting the correct environment variables for the app to work with all the features. There might be breakages if you do not set the relevant environment variables.
Other deployment options
Please follow deployment architecture guide to deploy with Docker or Caprover.
Thanks goes to all these wonderful people:
Chatwoot © 2017-2020, ThoughtWoot Inc - Released under the MIT License.
Article Title: Open-source live chat software, an alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, Drift, Crisp etc. 🔥💬
This article URL：Open-source live chat software, an alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, Drift, Crisp etc. 🔥💬
- Emacs Lisp
- Jupyter Notebook
- Rich Text Format
- Vim script
- Visual Basic .NET
Github Trending Repositories
Explore Github Trending Repositories. See what the GitHub community is most excited about today.